Hello and welcome! This is the Geeks Under Grace daily devotional where we dive into the Bible everyday. We take devotionals from bible.com and read the verses, devotional, and give our own commentary. Sometimes we will have multiple writers, but most of the time it will be just me. I hope you enjoy and comment with your own commentary.
This devotional is titled “God’s Peace”. It is only 4 days long. I use the ESV bible but feel free to use the version of your choosing.
“And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.”
TALKING TO GOD
Tell God what you love about His Word, the Bible. Tell Him why you like a certain verse or story, and thank Him for it.
With Mom or Dad standing close by, try walking around the room wearing snowshoes, swim fins or shoes that are way too big. How far can you go without stumbling or wobbling? Do you think a rule that we shouldn’t wear these things in the house would be a good idea? Explain.
Consider Psalm 119:165: “Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” God promises you a giant helping of peace when you do what His Word says. Following God’s rules helps you make fewer mistakes, and you no longer have to worry about “stumbling” or getting hurt because of bad decisions. Living according to God’s Word allows His peace to rule your heart. Whew! For a reminder of what God’s Word says, review Psalm 18:30, 19:8, 33:4.
TALKING TO EACH OTHER
– Think about a rule that you follow, such as walking in the crosswalk or not running in the hallway at school. Are you more likely to get hurt when you follow the rules or when you don’t follow them? Explain.
– When have you felt peaceful because you obeyed God’s Word?
– How can you get God’s peace back after you’ve goofed up?
1. Generally following the rules will keep your safe guarded from danger. That is why they are there after all. Rules are not meant to be broken, but followed.
2. I have felt the most peace in my entire life when I finally cut a relationship in my life that had been weighing me down and holding me back. I did this after praying to God who gave me instant peace. It was quite overwhelming. Life changing for sure.
3. Asking for forgiveness and learning from your mistake. That is the best way, in my opinion.
What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments.
Go back to Day 1 >>> HERE
Move on to Day 3 >>> HERE
You might also like
Rick and Morty is a lament for the loss of morality and meaning in the post-Christian world.
Kids’ minds really are like sponges. Within three weeks of beginning to play Pokémon GO! with me, my five-year-old had the names, sounds, and CP levels of all my Pokémon burned into his little brain. And now, his two-year-old brother is following [...]