Though there are hundreds of differences between the graphic novel and the television show The Walking Dead, here are a few up unto the current story line of the TV series.
*Warning, some spoilers may be ahead*
1. Novel: Tyreese is introduced from the point that Rick finds the camp outside of Atlanta. Show: He discovers the prison after the group has established themselves there.
2. Novel: Carol is more similar to Andrea’s character in the show. She also is a bit crazy and commits suicide by feeding herself to a chained-up walker.
3. Novel: Sofia lives through the farm and the prison and is adopted by Maggie and Glenn when Carol kills herself. Show she is lost in the woods and later discovered in Hershel’s barn as a walker.
4. Novel: Rick loses his hand to the governor.
5. Novel: There is no T-Dog , Beth, Daryl or Merle.
6. Novel: Lorie and Judith die during the Governor’s assault on the prison.
7. Novel: Dale loses his leg and has a prosthetic made for it, Hershel dies.
8. Novel: Tyreese is killed by the Governor in front of Rick and his group at the prison instead of Hershel.
9. Show: Lizzie and sister are played by two brothers, one who is psychotic and experiments on the rats, also killing his little brother. Carl takes it upon himself to kill the crazy boy.
10. Novel: Michonne is extremely promiscuous in the novels and is the cause of Carol losing her sanity.
Are you a fan of The Walking Dead? Register for the site and create a Walking Dead group to discuss the show.
You might also like
Geeks Under Grace interviews Joey Ruff, the creator of the upcoming comic "The Pendragon Chronicles."
The first entry of the Legacy of Orïsha Trilogy, Children of Blood and Bone depicts the teenage Zélie and her quest to restore magic in the land of Orïsha.
Before he was the guardian of Ciri, the child of destiny, Geralt of Rivia was a legendary swordsman. Join the Witcher as he undertakes a deadly mission in this stand-alone adventure set in the world that inspired the blockbuster video games.